Sunday, June 17, 2012

On the Road to LTCU...

Yesterday we packed up and loaded up JJ (my truck) & the Andrews' van and began our trek to Colorado. 5 students, 3 leaders = 8 of us wanting to be transformed by what happens this week at Lead THE Cause University at CCU!

12 hours & 600 miles later, we arrived in Amarillo (yes you can drive all day & still not make it out of Texas) our first stop. And as always, the road trip consisted of would you rather questions, the alphabet game, good music, greasy food, monopoly, speed scrabble, swimming, DS' & game systems and a few peeps watching Lord of the Rings on a 5" screen (is that really fair to the movie?!~).

After dinner at BWW's, we did one of the favorite parts of my youth trips. I always ask everyone to bring a short devo to share what God is doing in their lives. It gives each person an opportunity to bear their spiritual soul and allow us to pray for them afterwards. I am always blown away by their love for the Lord and their brutal honesty!

So last night it was the the father-son duo of Drew & I. I shared from 1 Peter 5:2-5:
"Be shepherds of God’s flock that is under your care, serving as overseers — not because you must, but because you are willing, as God wants you to be; not greedy for money, but eager to serve; not lording it over those entrusted to you, but being examples to the flock. And when the Chief Shepherd appears, you will receive the crown of glory that will never fade away."

God has called me to be his SHEPHERD - specifically to students! Yes, my job at Redeemer has ended, but my CALLING hasn't! There are students & leaders God has still placed under my care. And if I had only been doing these things because "I must", then I would have stopped when my job ended - but I haven't, because it's a calling! And certainly I'm not doing it now for the money (as if that was ever the reason), because I don't have a paying job - HA! This passage has meant tons to me these past four months, confirming my calling is much higher that having a job - though I need one of those soon too :)

Then my son Drew asked to pray for me, which meant tons! Then he shared from his favorite verse - John 3:16:
“For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life."

He shared how he hasn't been as connected to God lately and wanted to be on this trip so that God could connect him better. I am so amazed at his honesty and desire to love God with his life. Then, I got the privilege of praying for my son. Humbled & honored!

Welp, it's time to grab some free breaky here at the hotel and head to LTCU!~
Thanks Lord for a great start...
Hizkid,
mrbill

No comments:

Post a Comment