Monday, March 19, 2012

260 in 2012 DEVOS - Day 56 - Luke 12: Red Letters

Nearly all of today’s reading is in “red letters” = the recorded words of Jesus. So today for a change, I thought I’d pick out a few verses that stood out to me:
"I tell you, whoever acknowledges me before men, the Son of Man will also acknowledge him before the angels of God. But he who disowns me before men will be disowned before the angels of God.” Ever been ashamed or embarrassed of Jesus? These verses are sobering. Peter was. The other disciples were. Then they received the Holy Spirit and their lives were never the same. Let’s live unashamedly!
"Watch out! Be on your guard against all kinds of greed; a man's life does not consist in the abundance of his possessions." What are you wanting today? Money? iPhone? iMac? iPad? iWant?!~ Lord please help me to want the things YOU want! For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also.
“It will be good for those servants whose master finds them watching when he comes….you also must be ready, because the Son of Man will come at an hour when you do not expect him." What are you doing to be ready to meet Jesus? He IS coming back!
“From everyone who has been given much, much will be demanded; and from the one who has been entrusted with much, much more will be asked.” I don’t know about you, but I have been given soooooo much: God’s Word, faith in Jesus, good health, loving wife, wonderful son, hilarious daughter, great job, faithful mentors, the best friends, food, clothes, shelter, yadda, yadda, yadda…. I could go on & on! I’ll need my entire life to say thanks back to God by living for Him. How about you?

No comments:

Post a Comment