Monday, January 16, 2012

260 in 2012 - Day 11: Matthew 11 - Doubt, True Greatness, Woes & An Invitation

Read Matthew 11:
These next two chapters give us the reactions of people to Jesus. Jesus had delegated ministry to His disciples and now He joins then in the Lord’s work. Jesus never asks us to do anything that he Himself has not done or is not willing to do! Four things I get from today’s reading:
1. Overcoming Doubt – John: If Jesus is really the Messiah, why am I in prison when I could be out preaching, preparing hearts?! What did Jesus do? He encouraged John & confirmed his faith! Always tell others what you’ve seen, experienced of Jesus!
2. True Greatness – Seen in character and calling, not primarily in accomplishments! John was not much to look at but what a compliment Jesus gave of him; “I tell you the truth: Among those born of women there has not risen anyone greater than John the Baptist” Wowsa!
3. Responding to Jesus – Criticism & Indifference have kept many from trusting in the simple good news of Jesus!
4. A Personal Invite“Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy and my burden is light."
SO WHAT?!
*What doubts do you have in regards to your faith? We all have some. Often they come from a lack of truth or a misunderstanding of it. Ask God to confirm your faith today – He loves doing that!
*It’s a temptation to measure ourselves against others. Be careful to seek God and how He measures greatness – faithfulness to Him and His call on our lives!
*Ever get tired? Weary in your Christian walk? Me too! What a great promise that we can cast all our cares on Jesus!!! (1 Peter 5:7) Do it today and then chillax!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment