Friday, September 10, 2010

Angel Sighting!

Ok, some days are just bigger Brag on God days than others, and today is one of those for me! This was part of my Bible reading today: "Do not forget to entertain strangers, for by so doing some people have entertained angels without knowing it." Even though it wasn't the focus of my Devo today, it went thru my mind throughout the morning.
Then it happened, the "angels" arrived! I was making copies in the church office and in walked Dewayne & Dante. Their truck had a blowout on the feeder of Grand Parkway and they had walked to Discount Tire (across from our church) for help. They had bought a tire, but needed a jack. So... I finished my last copy and off we went, hoping to use my jack and for the Lord to give me an opportunity to talk to them about Him. Little did I know that I was the one who would come away more blessed!
When we got to the truck, my jack worked great, but my lug nut wrench was too small for their big truck. So I ran home quick and got one that would work & returned. We were able to get the tire off & head back to Discount to get it changed. The entire time Dewayne & I chatted about the Lord (he was quoting tons of verses) and how He works through difficult times. They're from Wharton, do landscape and usually don't come to Katy, but are taking any work they can. When we got to discount, the manager told Dewayne he couldn't put the tire he bought on his rim because it was too small and would be a safety hazard. The correct size tire would be another $30. Dewayne's head hung low, as he had spent everything he had on the cheaper tire. So I offered to pay for it and the manager, Paul proceeded to get it changed. It was at that time that Dewayne told me he was a preacher too and that next week he was to preach on "faith" and how God had leaded him to me - Ha, imagine that!
And hey, God wasn't done! As I went to pay for the tire, the manager Paul looks at me and says, don't worry about it, I've got it covered! (Dang, he stole my blessing.....hehe...) At this point, both Dewayne & I are totally praising God about this whole thing! So I look over at Dante, who has been rather quiet, and I tell him he needs to not talk so much! He's smiling in disbelief of everything as well!
Finally, it's now time for me to get Drew from school, so I drop them off at their truck, they say they'll bring the tools back to the church, and simultaneously we say lets pray - sweet! Awesome to be praying together on the side of the road with two guys whom I've only known for less than 60 minutes! How cool is that?! "Angels unaware" I'm tellin' ya'. My tools were at the church and I may never see them again, but I will never forget today either!
Gods ways TOTALLY ROCK! Dewayne & Dante got to be the recipients of help, I got to be blessed, the Discount Tire dude got to BE a blessing, Dewayne go some great sermon material, quiet Dante got to hear and see the Gospel - I mean, is this is Cool God Stuff or what! Had to share all of this or I'd just burst!
Incredibly Amazed by Grace,
Mr Bill
PS - If you're ever out in the Wharton area and need some yard work, call A&D Landscaping!

No comments:

Post a Comment