Friday, May 21, 2010

Romans 5 DEVO: Being Right with God ROCKS!

Chapter 5:
Ok, so I don’t know what kind of a day you’re having or what kind of a day I’m yet to have, but this I know: I woke up this morning deserving the death penalty for my sin. But because of my faith in Jesus Christ, I get eternal life instead – it’s a good day! You want to know why I tell people I’m better than I deserve?!~ THIS is why! Just look at a few of the benefits:
“Therefore, since we have been justified through faith, we…
1. Have Peace with God (1b)
2. Stand in Grace (2a)
3. Have Joy (2, 3, 11)
4. Don’t’ Suffer for Nothing (3b)
5. Learn to Persevere (3c-4a)
6. Build Character (4b)
7. Have Hope (5a)
8. Receive His Love (5b)
9. Are Given His Holy Spirit (5c)
10. Are Shown Mercy (6-8)
11. Are Saved from God’s Anger (9)
12. Are Reconciled (10-11)
So, how could what one man did at one time in history have such an absolute effect on all people? The rest of the chapter answers this!
THEREFORE (12-14)…
“…sin entered the world through one man, and death through sin, and in this way death came to all men, because all sinned.”
BUT (15-17)…
Jesus one act was more effective “How much More…”, God’s grace is greater than our sin and Adams one act did not cause him to “be like God” but Jesus’ one act DID allow all, who by grace through faith believe, to be made right with Him!
CONSEQUENTLY (18-21)…
In contrast, Adams one act of disobedience that brings death to all, pales in comparison to Jesus act of obedience that makes us right with Him “so that, just as sin reigned in death, so also grace might reign through righteousness to bring eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.” Ohhhhh yeaahhhhh!
SO WHAT?!
*When was the last time you & I took time to thank God for saving us? We can soon forget huh?! Why not take some time and write down all the benefits of knowing Jesus as Savior – then thank Him for those things!
*Peace with God – even as I type this I find this amazing. It’s hard to have peace with anyone, let alone my Creator and the God of the Universe! Wow - to believe that God has and will forgive me of all my sin because of my faith in Him. Thank You Jesus!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment