Wednesday, March 27, 2013

HOLY WEEK WEDNESDAY: The Calm Before The Storm

Read Psalm 23 Because of what Revelation 22:18-19 says, I’ve always tried my best to teach what the Bible teaches and not to teach what it doesn’t teach! With that said, the Bible doesn't say exactly what the Lord did on Wednesday of Passion Week. Scholars (smarter than me) believe that after two exhausting days in Jerusalem, Jesus and his disciples spent this day resting in Bethany with Mary, Martha and Lazarus. Bethany was about two miles east of Jerusalem. Most likely Mary, Martha & Lazarus hosted Jesus and the disciples during these final days in Jerusalem. With this in mind, it’s kinda’ cool to think about how Jesus spent this final quiet day with His Dad in heaven and with His closest friends & followers. SO WHAT?!~ - Silence & solitude is a rare thing in our culture, yet a must if we intend to have a deep relationship with Jesus! Where, when and how do you spend time alone with Jesus? - Take time today to get alone with Jesus. If this is not a regular practice for you and you’d like it to become one but need ideas, I’ve got plenty of ideas for ya’ – just ask! If this IS a regular practice for you, share with me what you do. I’m always looking for fresh ways to deepen my own time with Jesus!

No comments:

Post a Comment