Monday, March 25, 2013

Holy Week Monday: Holy Flippin' Tables!~

Read Matthew 21:12-17 On Monday morning, Jesus returned with his disciples to Jerusalem. Along the way, He cursed a fig tree because it had failed to bear fruit. When Jesus arrived at the Temple he found corrupt moneychangers ripping people off. Now, I’ve always had people tell me that when I get into a situation and I don’t know what to do, I should ask, “What Would Jesus Do?” – You know WWJD? Ha – not thinking I would have come up with what happened next!~ Jesus began flipping their tables and clearing the Temple, saying, "The Scriptures declare, 'My Temple will be a house of prayer,' but you have turned it into a den of thieves." Jesus was ticked off – a holy ticked off – and He let ‘em know the sin that they were involved in! Apparently Jesus didn’t take the course on “How to Win Friends and Influence Neighbors!” (LOL) Religiosity always angers our Lord who wants to have a personal relationship with us! That evening Jesus again stayed in Bethany, most likely in the home of his friends, Mary, Martha, and Lazarus. SO WHAT?! - Jesus said that if we remain in Him, we WILL bear much fruit. (John 15:5) How are you & I “remaining” in Him? - What “fruit” are you and I currently producing? - If Jesus came to our churches on Sunday, would he be flipping over tables? - More than that, the Bible says our body is the temple of the Holy Spirit. How are we treating God’s temple?

No comments:

Post a Comment