Monday, December 19, 2011

Sharing Hope Today at the Mall!

It's easy to talk about Jesus on Sunday, in our churches or at student ministry! It's also easy to talk about Jesus at Christmas - really - it is! So.... today I'm taking students to our local mall to share the hope of Christmas with people and pray with them - yes - at the mall! Now, this is not my most comfortable way of sharing Jesus, but IS A way! And you know what's cool? If our students have not left town yet, most of them WILL come today AND eternity WILL be impacted!
One day DL Moody was approached by a lady who said, "I don't like the way you share Jesus with people. You're blunt and come over as opinionated." To which he replied, "I don't like the way I share Jesus either, what do you do?" She was silent, and sheepishly said, "I don't." To which DL Moody said, "Well, I like the way I do it better than the way you don't!"
Now, lets be sure as we share Jesus to be gracious, loving and caring - but let's DO share Him, especially at this time of year!
I've created the following survey for us to use today. Maybe you too could make time this year to share Jesus, even with strangers. You'll be blessed and eternity will be impacted! Go for it!~

➢ To you, what is Christmas about?


Family Gifts Friends

Jesus Traditions Other:

➢ Have you heard the story of Jesus?

No? Explain it to them
Yes……

➢ Do you know WHY Jesus was born?

➢ Go thru G.O.S.P.E.L.

God created us to be with Him

Our sins separate us from God

Sins can never be removed by good deeds

Paying the price for sin, Jesus died and rose again

Everyone who trusts in Him ALONE has eternal life

Life with Jesus starts now and lasts forever

Are you 100% sure if you died tonite you’d go to heaven? If I could explain how you could be sure, would that be good news?

Name ______________________

Prayer Request(s) ______________________________________________________

No comments:

Post a Comment