Saturday, December 24, 2011

25 Days of christmas - Day 24: "With Us"

A Youth Ministry friend wrote this and I had to pass it along...

WITH US
By Dave Veerman

Months, weeks, hours, minutes, seconds
Years ticking away
Christmas suddenly upon us
"Seems like yesterday!"

Baking,wrapping,entertaining
Parties, pageants, tinsel, lights
Evergreens, tree, ornaments
Pressured days and shortened nights.

Relatives and friends, cards, cookies,
Pressed year-end deadlines, more
Traffic snarls, sales, mall Santas
Frantic rushing store to store.

Immersed in season's tasks and trappings
Pushing on but losing joy
Good and busy but forgetting
Immanuel was that baby boy.

Help me, Lord, to slow and wonder
At miracle unfolded here
Truthfully, in finite chaos
My Savior, Lord, and God came near

And may I sense the Spirit's urgings
Through my dwindling life on earth
Living out my faith professions
Sharing hope of Jesus' birth.

No comments:

Post a Comment