Monday, November 8, 2010

50 Things I Love About Jean!

'Tis the season of Gratitude!
I was challenged this past week to make a list of 25 things I appreciate about my wife. As I started to list them, I couldn't stop at 25. And since I'm always up for a challenge, here are my first 50!
50 Ways to Love Your Lover...
Babe - You're the Best because...
1. You love the Lord Jesus Christ!
2. You love me and have stuck with me since July 27th 1990!
3. You love Drew & Jessica!
4. You desire to be the best mom you can to both Drew & Jessica.
5. You make me absolutely PROUD to be your husband!
6. When you hold me I feel 100% at peace.
7. You have a sensitive spirit towards the hurting, the bummed and the outcasts.
8. Your smile – I love to see it and see it often!
9. Your willingness to manage the finances and with excellence!
10. You have mad organization skills! Your keeping of records and filing have paid off tons already.
11. You forgive me – 700 x 7……….…this is NOT a misprint!
12. You have been a faithful and supportive youth pastor’s wife!
13. Your emphasis on family.
14. You work REALLY hard all day long - not a lazy, bon-bon eating girl……ok, maybe chocolate!
15. You didn’t marry me for my money but for my love for you and Jesus.
16. For making our home a safe place to be.
17. You truly compliment my weak areas – and there’s a lot of them.
18. Your Bible is your guide for life and you look there for answers, comfort & encouragement.
19. The MANY sacrifices you have made for God, for me and for our family!
20. For knowing me – you truly do.
21. The traditions you work at making with our family.
22. You challenge me in my walk with Jesus.
23. You ask me about my day.
24. You always have a way of surprising me with your comments!
25. You never give up! A Freund value.
26. Your curves! You have taken care of yourself physically & you’re still my Babe!
27. Carrying Drew & Jessica for 9 months each and all that your body had to endure during those times.
28. Your cooking – even though I don’t tell you enough.
29. You still have spunk – and I love it!
30. Your cleaning – seriously, I like a clean house & it would be rough being married to a slob.
31. You let me know when you’re upset at me and why. Honestly, I’d hate to have to guess!
32. You make our house a home – you so added color to my black & white lifestyle.
33. You knew you were marrying a nerd and did it anyway.
34. You stick up for me & don’t allow people to speak bad of me – Always & Everywhere!
35. You value people over stuff and it shows every day!
36. The amount of time you spend helping Drew is phenomenal – and needed! You’re the best!
37. For decorating our home with cutsie stuff every season. I’m a guy and I just said this.
38. You never speak bad about me in public.
39. You’re a GREAT lover!
40. Loyalty is one of your best qualities.
41. You still laugh at my corny jokes & comments.
42. You have opened up your home to hundreds of students & families, still do weekly and are an amazing hostess.
43. The way you make birthdays & Christmas special for our family.
44. Your laugh is the best – and I love to hear it!
45. You are an incredible steward of the finances God has entrusted to us. You more than double & triple our ability to use His money!
46. You have always accepted & loved my side of the family.
47. You still go on dates with me and you still hold my hand when we do!
48. Who you ARE is what I love about you more that what you do.
49. You always make sure I look ok before I leave home ☺
50. YOU are the reason that God has allowed me 20+ years of impactful ministry in Katy!
So ok guys - why not sit down and make a list and give them to YOUR wife to let her know how much you appreciate ALL she IS and DOES!~ You'll be glad you did!

No comments:

Post a Comment