Saturday, December 18, 2010

2010 Freund Family Christmas Letter

“But when the set time had fully come, God sent his Son, born of a woman…….to redeem...”
Galatians 4:4

Ok, thought we’d try something a little different for our annual letter this year. So we’ve divided it up by individual. So here we go…

JESSICA – The highlights for my year were:
• A sleepover at grandma’s
• My school’s “Rhinofest”
• Being on Safety Patrol
• Going with teens to Kerrville
• Helping plant our family garden
• Young Musicians Choir @ church
• Spring & Fall soccer (dad is coach)
• Blue Bell Creamery & Mini-horse farm
• Presidential reception – I was Teddy Roosevelt
• 10th birthday was water games!
• VBS at First Baptist Katy
• Our family trip to Dallas & School Choir
• Got my ears pierced!
• Started my own Bible devotions
• Packed Christmas gifts for needy kids
• Had my final field day ☹
• Took swim lessons
• Carved pumpkin & trick or treated
• Got to be “nurse” for school takeover day
• Went to Dickens on the Strand & the Festival of Lights in Galveston – fun!
• School Christmas Choir Rocked!
I’m enjoying 5th grade, helping my mom and looking forward to a fun Christmas with my family! Oh – and being in 6th grade and the student ministry in June!

JEAN – Here’s the review of my year…
• Mother/daughter sleepover at grandma’s
• Some former students bought me an iMac!
• Bill gave me a surprise 40th birthday party and a dinner out at Saltgrass with some close friends!
• Bill & I attended our best ever youth conference in Chicago & I got to drive by the home my mom grew up in.
• Sister Andi came to town for some time together
• My dad was diagnosed in March with COPD and has an oxygen tank now.
• Helped Bill with the discipleship retreat
• Enjoyed a day in Conroe doing youth ministry planning with our wonderful team
• Had a girlfriends weekend in San Marcos shopping ☺
• Surprised Bill with a party for his 20th year in Katy.
• Enjoyed a night of music by our worship leader at a coffee shop in Katy
• My sister Andi met us in Dallas
• Helped some ladies start a ministry of fun called “lol” We had a Christmas in July, movie night & a coffee night
• Helped Bill on our A-E student leadership retreat
• We celebrated our 19th anniversary on July 27th!
• In August our AC went out 5 times & we packed 3 times to head to my parents
• Can’t believe Drew is a high schooler and Jessica will be in junior high in June!~
• In September I had heart palpitations & found out I had mitral valve leakage
• Participated in a Monday night women’s Bible study
• Sister Emily came to town in October
• Spent a day with the Young’s who moved away
• Volunteered in library & helped w/ 5th grade stuff
• Totally wonderful day at Dickens and the Festival of Lights
• My mom also retired from her job!
I love being a mom to Drew & Jessica and helping with their schoolwork and activities. I open my home up weekly to students and minister with Bill in most all of the student ministries as well. The Lord has been so good to us, although I did give up trying to keep up with Bill long ago!

DREW – Here’s the scoop with me:
• Participated in student ministry stuff: Axiom Conference, Discipleship Retreat, Tarp Wars, Bible studies, Elf Night, Disc Golf tournament, B2S BASH, SYATP, etc…
• Got my braces off – whoohoo popcorn!
• Did Singing Valentines at my school
• Choir Pop show & 8th grade party
• Got all “superior” ratings for choir
• Fiesta Texas in San Antonio
• My choir sang the national anthem at an Astros game
• I had a drum recital
• Got a “new” drum set
• Dallas fun with my family
• I turned 15 and played video games with friends
• Took summer school PE
• My guys team won our disc golf tournament
• Mowed some yards and earned some money
• Started my “freshman” year = harder!
• Texas Children’s did testing on my Asperger’s in September
• Choir car wash & choir concerts
• Went to SFA state park
• Dickens on the Strand & Festival of Lights was cool
In July, my dad and I had a “manhood” weekend. I tried golf, we drank Dew, we played video games and watched movies. Oh yeah, we talked about growing up and “guy” stuff too! A-w-k-w-a-r-d…

BILL – Ok, here’s my stuph…
• It was a full ministry year: Axiom Purity Conference (10 churches, #500 students), Super Bowl Outreach, Parent’s Night Out (raised $2000), SYMC in Chicago, Discipleship Retreat, Leadership training & planning, Graduation Sunday (I preached), Tarp Wars, CRASH, Summer missions trip to Mexico, A-E Retreat, Back 2 School BASH, Schlitterbahn, Elf Night Outreach, July 4th “Free Indeed” Outreach, Disc Golf Tournament, See You at the Pole, glow in-the-dark volleyball, FCA speaker, numerous Bible studies and meetings with students. And 14 students put their trust & faith in Jesus Christ this year through our ministry!!! The three biggies would be my 20th anniversary of ministering to students in Katy, being a part of the Simply Youth Inside Track Team and writing a daily devotion for all 260 chapters in the new testament!
• Personally I had a blast as well: Spending time with Jean, Drew & Jessica, morning basketball, running (coupla’ races), church golf tournament, double dating with friends, coaching Jessica’s soccer teams, going to high school football games with Drew, nephew Lance came thru town, men’s fraternity and dating Jean! The two biggies would be the “manhood” weekend I had with Drew and being married to Jean for 19 years.
We’ve had some tough things this year as well that we could have never endured without the strength of the Lord. The lifelong desire, both for my family and for our ministry, is to KNOW JESUS AND MAKE HIM KNOWN! So if you desire that relationship, let me encourage you to grab a Bible read the gospel of John. And if you ever want to know more, our family would love to help you to know Christ!

We would LOVE to hear from each of y’all! If you want to see more about our family you can visit our family website below! May God bless you this year more than ever before. And may you know Jesus personally this season as we celebrate His birth!

Bill, Jean, Drew, Jessica Freund

BILL - 281.414.9569 mrbill6761@mac.com
JEAN - chocaholic4ever@me.com
DREW – drummerdrew2@gmail.com

Texas Freunds Website:
http://web.mac.com/mrbill6761/Site/Texas_Freunds_.html

Redeemer Community Church
24201 Cinco Ranch Blvd.
Katy, Tx 77494
281.371.2156 (office) 281.574.4185 (fax)
www.redeemercommunity.org
IM/YM/GT/Twitter – mrbill6761
facebook.com
http://mrbillrsm.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment