Saturday, February 27, 2010

Surprising Legacy - SYMC Day 1

I'm in Chicago with my gal and we are at the Simply Youth Ministry Conference and last night was AMAZING! The theme this year is "Surprising Legacy." I came to know Jesus Christ at age 21 and felt called to be a student pastor four years later. Looking back I had no idea what I as getting into (& still don't) but knew I wanted to spend the rest of my live Knowing Jesus & Making Him Known with students! It's been a privilege to do that for over 25 years now, and nearly 20 of them with Jean by my side! This is the "legacy" God is developing in me and in all who give their lives to Him!
Last night Doug Fields (a YM hero) welcomed us and we were led in worship by James Ward, a long-time worship leader at youth conferences, with a blues-jazz-funky sound. Then there were HILARIOUS performances by Johnny & Chachi as well as the Skit Guys. Then speaker Duffy Robbins spoke on the LEGACY OF JESUS from Philippians 2:5-11. His three points were:
1) Authentic Passion Always Looks a Bit Irrational (vs. 6)
2) Authentic Passion is not Just Irrational but Excessive (vs. 7)
3) Authentic Passion is Costly (vs. 8)
Understanding the passion of Jesus will help us to live a Passionate Legacy and to press on as well!
Anyway..... gotta' get some pics out & up! You can check out my facebook for more....
Humbled and privileged,
Mr. Bill
Acts 20:24

No comments:

Post a Comment